Since 1998, The Mazzara Law Firm, PLLC has been representing clients in cases involving commercial litigation, securities law, arbitration, products liability, and civil litigation. From our office in Grosse Pointe Woods, we assist clients located throughout Southeast Michigan, as well as across the state and the Midwest when needed. For personalized attention and cost-effective representation, contact The Mazzara Law Firm, PLLC today. Our areas of practice include:
Our firm has extensive experience representing clients, including brokers, dealers and financial institutions; manufacturers; insurance agents; and contractors, in all types of commercial litigation, including the following:
- Business: Our firm assists clients in all types of business disputes, including those involving partnership disputes, franchise disputes, distributorship agreements, sales of businesses, business dissolutions, and shareholder disputes. We also represent clients in employment disputes, including litigation involving employment and independent contractor agreements, as well as cases involving sales representatives and commission disputes. We represent clients in business torts, including fraud, defamation, trade secrets, and breach of fiduciary duty. In addition, we also assist with cases involving the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Contracts: We represent clients in a wide range of contract disputes, including disputes regarding business contracts, construction contracts, real estate contracts, and employment contracts, particularly employment contracts for professionals. Our employment contract cases generally involve such matters as non-competition agreements, employee raiding, defamation and business loss claims, and wrongful termination claims.
- Banking: We represent brokers, dealers, financial institutions, and others in all types of banking disputes.
- Insurance: We frequently represent insurance companies and agents in insurance coverage litigation.
- Construction: Our firm can assist contractors, developers, brokers, and others in construction litigation, including construction contract claims.
- Real Estate: We assist in all types of real estate disputes, including cases involving condemnation proceedings.
For over 30 years, The Mazzara Law Firm has been representing clients in securities matters, including litigation and arbitration involving officer/director liability, tender offers, and limited partnership litigation. We provide defense representation for clients in the brokerage industry, including brokerage firms, registered representatives, and the New York Stock Exchange, in cases involving investor and customer allegations of violations of the federal securities laws, allegations of fraud and negligence, and transactional disputes involving customer accounts. In addition, we have also represented investors in these matters on occasion. We provide litigation and arbitration assistance in disputes brought by brokers and other firms involving claims of defamation, wrongful termination, misappropriation, raiding, and alleged violations of the National Association of Securities Dealers and New York Stock Exchange rules. We also represent registered representatives in regulatory and administrative matters, including enforcement proceedings involving the Securities and Exchange Commission, the National Association of Securities Dealers/FINRA, and state regulatory agencies.
Arbitration & ADR
Our attorneys are trained in a wide range of alternative disputes resolution (ADR) methods, including arbitration, private judging, special mastering, and mediation. Our firm has extensive experience arbitrating commercial disputes, securities and commodities disputes, business and employment cases, construction disputes, and condemnation cases. Our cases involve a broad range of issues, including sales agreements, distributorship agreements, commercial and construction contracts, condemnation, securities fraud, and defamation matters. Firm founder Jack J. Mazzara has over 20 years of experience as a neutral and is approved by FINRA as an arbitrator for large, complex cases and injunctive relief cases. He has provided arbitration and other ADR services for such organizations as the American Arbitration Association, the National Association of Securities Dealers/FINRA, the New York Stock Exchange, and the National Futures Association. In addition, Mr. Mazzara has served as a private judge, arbitrator, or special mediator in condemnation disputes, contract and corporate disputes, and commercial disputes. Both Mr. Mazzara and attorney Matthew Smith are also trained mediators.
For over 20 years, our firm has defended manufacturers and companies in the chain of manufacture, including many Fortune 100 companies, in all types of products liability cases. Manufacturers and other parties in the chain of manufacture have a duty to ensure that their products are not defectively manufactured or designed, and that their products contain adequate warnings and labels. If a person is injured and can prove the injury is caused by a dangerous or defective product, the manufacturer and others in the chain of commerce may be held strictly liable for the harm caused. Our firm provides aggressive defense representation against allegations of all types of products liability. We have handled cases involving electrical appliances, chemicals, fuel tanks, agricultural equipment, industrial equipment, and construction equipment, and have significant experience with products liability claims involving fire loss, fire investigation, and resulting litigation.
We have a broad range of experience in general civil litigation, including representing plaintiffs who have been injured in personal injury cases involving dangerous or defective products. In addition, we regularly represent clients in a variety of appellate matters.